The Official Saitek Forum  

Go Back   The Official Saitek Forum > Saitek News > Common Fixes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st July 2006, 19:42

X52 Leds on/half on/off toggle???

Looking for a way to bind one of these toggle buttons to turn off the backlit blue leds and MFD led on the joystick. I'm not always playing flight sims and would just like to get rid of the ambiet light without having to go through the control panel option every time. Thank You. IE: I'm sure there is a tweakable registry entry that could be made as a shortcut then i can assign a key to that shortcut then assign a button to that key(worse case scenario)

Thank you
Old 4th July 2006, 08:06
Mad Catz Staff Member

Sorry, there is no way of controlling the LED brightness outside of the control panel.
Old 7th July 2006, 13:01

Something like a command line argument that specifies the brightness would be a well-received addition to the driver software. I'm forever having to dim the think at night time.

With a command line utility users could create a shortcut for each brightness level they wanted.

Regards,

Lee

email & msn: leeryman@hotmail.com
Old 7th July 2006, 19:27

Are there any plans to improve our ability to control the LEDs? I wish that my LEDs would go off whenever my screensaver activated, and I wish that was an option that I could toggle in the Control Panel. At the very least, I wish that I could control the LEDs using the MFD buttons. Any of these things possible in the future?

Self-assembled gaming rig:
  • Memory: 2048 Corsair Twin XMS 3200 (2-3-2-6-1T)
  • Motherboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
  • Operating System: Win XP Pro 64-bit edition
  • Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
  • Video Card: 2xBFG 7800 GTX OC SLI (16x PCIe)

Gaming gear:
  • CHP Flight Yoke USB
  • CHP Pro Pedals USB
  • Ideazon Fang
  • Natural Point Track IR 4
  • Saitek X52
  • Logitech G15 & G7
Old 7th July 2006, 21:01

I agree, my setup is in the same room as I sleep, so it's a pain to have to go through the control panel or get to the back of my box to unplug the cable every single night only to redo this in the morning to get it working again, I dont know what anyone else thinks but I know they are way to bright at night for me, would be nice to have some other way to control them, or even a screen saver option for the stick, say, after 5 mins of no use it drops to dim lights then after another 5 mins they turn off, then soon as any input to the stick happens its all up & running again, regardless of that, you can still use the pc, it just turns off while your not using the stick, plus options to activate with the pc screensavers, I think that since you allready got the control panel software controling the lights, then it shouldent be that hard to add this support

just my views anyways