The Official Saitek Forum  

Go Back   The Official Saitek Forum > Saitek News > Common Fixes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th April 2006, 20:47

Using Multiple Controllers on One PC

I am having an interesting problem, especially interesting as it seems no-one else has had similar trouble...

I like Saitek hardware, maybe I have an obsession or something but I actually tend to prefer the durability, functionality and ergonomics of Saitek products to the other alternatives available.

I currently use an Eclipse keyboard and an X52 Flight Control System; I also had an X45 FCS that my wife now uses, so when I decided I needed a Gamepad due to my wife purchasing Tomb Raider - Legend for me I naturally instantly thought... Saitek!

I therefore duly sought after and purchased the P990 Dual Analog Gamepad to fit in nicely with my other input devices, got it home, duly read the quick-start manual before doing anything further.

The manual said to connect the controller first then insert the software disk, which I did upon connecting the controller XP recognised it correctly and installed the hardware automatically. Ok so far, so I put in the disk to install the Driver/Software, to be told I have an older (another) version of the SST Programming Software and I will have to uninstall that first - The other version is obviously for my X52, I do not want to uninstall it!

I thought: if they both use the same software maybe it will cover both as long as only one of the controllers is connected to the PC, so I shut down removed the X52 USB connecter and booted the PC with just the P990 connected, tried to open the profiler to be told that I needed to attach a supported controller first.

Is there any way that I can use my X52 and my P990 on the same system without having to uninstall the software and reinstall it every time I wish to switch games (and hence controller)?

Has nobody else ever purchased two game controllers for their PC from Saitek to have had this problem before as I do not see any mention of the issue on these boards, or am I missing something obvious about installing more than one on a system?

Any assistance to any of the questions posted above would be gratefully appreciated as I do not want to have to return the P990 and buy another brand just so that I can play the games I wish to without major system changes every time.
Old 25th April 2006, 21:06

Nevermind, I must have been blind when I searched the forum...

Hopfully the Beta Drivers found in the Announcement Section of these Forums will solve my problem