The Official Saitek Forum  

Go Back   The Official Saitek Forum > Saitek News > Common Fixes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th December 2007, 16:42

Calibrating pro flight yoke/throttles

I can not fine tune the nuetral position on the yoke, and I have a 1/4 inch split on the throttle levers to have engine speed matched. Any ideas?
Old 23rd December 2007, 23:24

yoke calibration

Hi.
I posted my fix for the sim yoke on another post for my yoke;

Now to fine tune my yoke. I use the calibration settings in windows thru the fs9 program if you want. I had a problem of the axis not centering on the yoke. I found that because of all the software assignments, the saitek software and fs9 competeing against each other they were going haywire. I followed my instructions below, but still had alignment problems. I found that i just had to unplug the yoke from my computer and it alligned all the axis again. If you use the windows alignment screen or fs9 make sure all sensitivities are at max and no "free play" areas exist. It took me a while to figure out the FSUIPC alignment but it works well with the saitek Yoke and throttle. I operate sometimes with two engines operating with the throttle quadrant and like a real aircraft it plays with your reflexes to get them all going at the sametime.

my ealier post;

"I had problems also, I posted it in the forum what I did to fix them. I will go over them here for you to digest.
I have fs9 and use FSUIPC for almost all of the programing.
1st of all don't load the software that came with the yoke. It is not needed and I assume you are using WINXP ?. Cuz that will work fine. I also removed the devices.cfg file in the fs9 main directory as it assignes random buttons. Make a copy of it just in case you need to load it for another reason.
I have a registered copy of FSUIPC which will allow you to program the buttons and other functions of the proflight better than the fs9 program.
You do have to use the fs9 assign program to assign a couple of buttons which the FSUIPC doesn't cover. I have been using it for some weeks now with no problem.
Save the CFG files for the FSUIPC when you get it working as a backup"

Good luck,
Old 21st April 2008, 02:20

I have a similar problem, my yoke doesn't center itself. I don't know how to correct that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saitek.jpg (29.5 KB, 667 views)
Old 21st April 2008, 04:39

Unhappy Pro Flight Yoke axis off center in FSX

My throttles work ok, but my yoke is off to the right a fair amount. Not so noticeable in airplanes, but as soon as a helipcopter lifts off the ground, it tips over.

I'm using FSX on Vista. I tried the windows calibration but it did not fix the centering problem on the yoke.

It doesn't seem to do it all the time. Sometimes it's perfectly centered.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 21st April 2008, 09:01
Administrator

Hi,

To recalibrate, first unplug the yoke.

Go to start/run and type regedit.

The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on VISTA)
System
CurrentControlSet
Control
Media Properties
Private Properties
Direct Input

Inside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3.

Once done, close the editor. Plug the yoke back in and move all the axes (including throttle) through their full range of movement 4 times.

Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen.

If the problem persists then test the device on another PC. If the problem still occurs then it is most likely a hardware fault.
Old 21st April 2008, 14:47

Wooowww it worked.
Thank you very very much admin
Old 23rd April 2008, 02:37

Lightbulb

Hello Sirs,

Well, it did NOT work for me, unfortunately....
Basically, I did what was proposed above and it still is not calibrated.

I bought and used the joystick for about 25 days. I bought it when I visited the USA end of march. Started to use at home 29th of march.

It worked FINE until the day before yesterday, when out of the blue, when I desingaged auto-pilot for landing, the aircraft would follow tendency, but when I made a slight touch on the yoke.... goodbye! The airplane rolls to the left and there is NO WAY it would come back.

All other buttons seem to work OK. On the callibration screen (properties), the " + " is NOT CENTERED (it is to the left) and it SHAKES.

I have BOTH FS9 and FSX installed and it was working fine on both (for FS9 I have PMDG 737NG and for FSX I have Level D 767300ER), in all add-ons. Now it does not work in ANY aircraft, add-on or default.

I tried the CONTROL+SHIFT sollution and it did NOT work. I tried the above solution and not either.

I have reciept with me.

I have skype (online all day long) and my work e-mail is rafael.gomes@bettanin.com.br to be contacted by adm.

Please help me!!!!

Thanks very much, sirs.

Rafael Gomes
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hi,

To recalibrate, first unplug the yoke.

Go to start/run and type regedit.

The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on VISTA)
System
CurrentControlSet
Control
Media Properties
Private Properties
Direct Input

Inside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3.

Once done, close the editor. Plug the yoke back in and move all the axes (including throttle) through their full range of movement 4 times.

Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen.

If the problem persists then test the device on another PC. If the problem still occurs then it is most likely a hardware fault.
That is unprofessional from Saitek part.
There must be other means to resolve this...
Old 4th November 2009, 11:14
Administrator

No, it's not unprofessional at all. If doing that solves the issue then it's something that wasn't caused by us. That procedure deletes the key where Windows stores its calibration data - sometimes Windows gets that data messed up and won't update it correctly so clearing that key makes it generate a fresh new key which will then update correctly.
Saitek UK
Old 19th November 2009, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKSupport View Post
No, it's not unprofessional at all. If doing that solves the issue then it's something that wasn't caused by us. That procedure deletes the key where Windows stores its calibration data - sometimes Windows gets that data messed up and won't update it correctly so clearing that key makes it generate a fresh new key which will then update correctly.
I have Saitek X52pro and until now I have no issue with it and quite happy with it. How come that only the yoke has this issue.
Other then that, if it is a registry issue, then we can assume that other gamepads/joysticks or yokes will suffer from it.

I do not say that Saitek is just to blame, I also believe that miss management of the windows registry might lead to these things. But, not finding a workaround for an issue like that, really puzzle me. I'm sure that a workaround like auto script that clears the relevant keys could be implemented in the software or in the registry that executes every-time the OS is restarting. Blaming Microsoft will not make customers happy, they can say: "Hey why didn't you do a thorough QA to the product, it is not as if you write a driver to different OSes like XP and Linux or OSX"

I hope you can understand my frustration, especial when I wanted to buy a yoke, and unfortunately all these posts regarding the strange issues did not help me decide. I probably added some of my frustration to the previous post.
Old 19th November 2009, 22:02

i have the satiek pro yoke and two throttle quads and was using the sst
program along with a registered copy of fsuipc and it worked great
now all of a sudden my fsuipc locks my system up when i click on the calabrations tab
i downloaded the latest ver. 3.946 and it still locks up
i removed all the software that came with it and it still locks up
any suggestions
dick
Old 23rd January 2010, 06:41

Thumbs down

hi all

im having the same issues as you guys, iv'e tried all the above trick's but no luck
i have the yoke alinment problem and my 2 sets of throttles dont respond equaily, i have even spent 2 days reinstalling vista and annd software to try and fix this
I have had my yoke and quad for 18 months and it used to work fine up to about 3 months ago
I AM READY TO SMASH THIS SAITEK CRAP UP AND SEND IT BACK TO THEM IN A BOX
I HAVE SPENT $600.00 AUS FOR 13 MONTHS
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionssl View Post
hi all

im having the same issues as you guys, iv'e tried all the above trick's but no luck
i have the yoke alinment problem and my 2 sets of throttles dont respond equaily, i have even spent 2 days reinstalling vista and annd software to try and fix this
I have had my yoke and quad for 18 months and it used to work fine up to about 3 months ago
I AM READY TO SMASH THIS SAITEK CRAP UP AND SEND IT BACK TO THEM IN A BOX
I HAVE SPENT $600.00 AUS FOR 13 MONTHS
Hi fusionssl

could you provide us with some more details, please.
You miss the most important facts here.

What version of vista ( 32Bit/64Bit ) do you have?
What driver version do you use?
You seem to use the yoke. There is a know failure with the yoke ->but it states just about random button presses. If you have such a problem, check that forum an use the appropriate way to contact saitek, its all listed in there:
http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=13329

If you provide that information and a more precise failure description, I am sure that the saitek folks or the community will be able to help you!

Cheers
Chris
Old 15th March 2010, 02:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togakure View Post
I have a similar problem, my yoke doesn't center itself. I don't know how to correct that.
Where is this calibration screen? I couldn't find it?
In FSX, it shows a much simpler calibration process that asks me to move the yoke for centering. I am using Win-7 64-bit.
Where is this screen?
Old 29th March 2010, 00:59

Go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers, right click on Saitek Pro Yoke, left click on game controller settings.

I'm having the same problem with the yoke not being centered, this happens after a re-boot, all I have to do is unplug it and plug it back in and it's centered. Originally I was using Vista 32bit Business, now it's the same machine but Win7 64 bit. I have the same exact problem, same machine different OS. Any ideas?

Last edited by jayseppi : 29th March 2010 at 01:05. Reason: added question