The Official Saitek Forum  

Go Back   The Official Saitek Forum > Saitek News > Common Fixes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th April 2012, 01:23

Another Problem With A Saitek Product..Amzing

I know I am an idiot to keep buying Saitek stuff but just bought the Cessna Yoke and ab additional quadrant, and of course just like the 2 X65f the quadrant does not calibrate in FSX. But does in windows. This is getting almost like Obama. What the hell gives. So many crappy produtcts and no support. Tech lines are closed unless you call at 4 am. One way to fend off calls. So 1,000 dollars later I am back to my old 10 year old joystick. :mad
Old 26th April 2012, 10:00
Administrator

Hi, where are you in the world?
we have tech help all over the world.
This is not a fault in the yoke, stick or quadrant, as it works in windows, it is an FSX problem. can you give me some more info on the problem you have please and I will try and help you solve it.
please make sure you have the up to date drivers and software downloaded for our web site and that you only have one set of drivers and ST software installed. (add remove programs) un-install any saitek software before you install the new download
Please try this first.

Flight Sim Reset

If you are having trouble with calibration in Flight Simulator and your controller seems to be ok in the test screen of Game Controllers; then you might need to rebuild the config (cfg) file:
To rebuild the Flight Simulator config file, firstly press and hold down CTRL+SHIFT, then start Flight Simulator and start a new flight. Continue to hold down CTRL+SHIFT until the game is in Cockpit view. You can then let go of the CTRL+SHIFT keys.
This will reset all the controls in the simulator: so you will need to move the controller in the full range of movement, for all the axis at least 4 times.
Note when you rebuild the config file, some of your joystick settings may change. This should work for FS2002, FS2004 (FS9) and FSX
Old 26th April 2012, 10:02
Administrator

I forgot to say, the new X65 drivers solved the calibration problem some time back.