The Official Saitek Forum  

Go Back   The Official Saitek Forum > Saitek News > Common Fixes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th January 2009, 15:03

Mini stick trouble

When I first got the stick I remember moving the mini stick moved the cursor, well it has't for a long time now, that hasn't concerned me as i've been playing IL2 for a long time and didn't really need it. Now I have Black shark I really need this extra function.

In the control panel it shows it moving about when I move the mini stick, but it doesn'y move anywhere else.

I checked the device manager and it shows it to be working ok, i'm wondering is there a known conflict with something else or a setting I have not used?

X52 pro
XP 32
E6750 cpu
8800GTX
Logitech MX 518 mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Trackir 4
Saitek rudder pedals

Looking forward to some help here.
Old 19th January 2009, 21:11

Bump, anyone working here?
Old 25th January 2009, 18:39

I think your more likely to get blood out of a stone mate
Old 26th January 2009, 08:35

It's looking that way, I have the X52 pro, Rudder pedals and the switch panel, thats 300 pounds worth of Saitek gear and you won't do me the service of helping me out with one small issue, great "support" you have here Saitek. And the worst thing is I blow the Saitek trumpet every time I respond to a post in a "what joystick thread" asking what the X52 is like.

Last edited by Vapour : 26th January 2009 at 08:39.
Old 26th January 2009, 21:44

I also have the same problem with the Mini-stick, it just stopped working in Xp, and after i built my new system it doesn't work.

But it works and is detected fine in the Controler Set-up screens etc. But refuses to work else where.

CPU: AMD 6400X2
HD 4870 crossfired
Razer Copperhead Mouse
Logitech G15 V2 keyboard
X52 Pro
Old 27th January 2009, 11:33
Administrator

Apologies for the lack of response - I've been away on business and our main support people have had a mixture of illness and post-Christmas email deluge to deal with.

The mouse hat will only move your mouse cursor if you have the programming software installed. Once that's installed it's set to be your mouse control by default, even in Windows. If it still isn't working when the software is installed then the magic mouse may not be installed in device manager.

If that's the case then with the controller plugged in, open the System icon in Control Panel and then click Hardware at the top of the window that comes up and then click Device Manager. You will have a category at the bottom of the list here that is called Universal Serial Bus Controller. Click the plus sign next to it and tell me what it then says underneath it. Do the same for the following categories:

Other Devices
Human Interface Devices
Saitek Magic Bus
Saitek UK
Old 27th January 2009, 15:36

Quote:
Apologies for the lack of response - I've been away on business and our main support people have had a mixture of illness and post-Christmas email deluge to deal with.
It looks like you need another pair of hands over there .

I use other sticks with the throttle for different games, and tbh I hadn't plugged the X52 pro joystick into the throttle for a while.

I tried it today and lo and behold the mouse works...for a while, when I remove the joystick from the throttle and plug in my MSFFB2 it works fine, then I restart my computer or restart Black Shark and the same problem occurs again and I have to plug the joystick in to the throttle again to get the mini stick to work.

Any ideas why this is happening?

BTW, I have the latest Software and Drivers installed.
Old 27th January 2009, 16:08
Administrator

The 'brains' of the X52 Pro are in the throttle and it does expect the stick to be present, so unplugging it could produce all kinds of unusual behaviour. Best suggestion is to leave it plugged in but tucked away behind your monitor or something like that!
Saitek UK
Old 27th January 2009, 16:28

Thanks for the help, it looks like that is what i'm going to have to do.
Old 14th April 2012, 17:25

Saitek controllers.

I have recently found that the mini stick for the X52, and more than likely the Pro model, have what can be called a resistor stick. This item in the build of the control system gets dirty and there's very little chance of fixing it yourself unless your like me and able to open and repair the problem. As for myself, I just used the device manager and uninstalled the ministick at the source. Hope this helps. This is NOT a sollution but a quick fix.

Last edited by corvuscorax : 14th April 2012 at 17:50.