PDA

View Full Version : Throttle problems

papalima
8th December 2011, 22:41
I'm beginning to see sparatic movement of the N1 indicator in my vertual cockpit view. When I test my throttle quadrants (I have two) they both show movement when the throttle handles are still. Is there something I can do. I get the impression that 'contact need cleaning' like that of a dirty electrical switch. Can someone fill me in on this prob and can I fix it myself. I haven't openned the quandrants yet, but it sure is tempting.

Tab

UK Support 4
12th December 2011, 10:24
How old are the units, if they are under 2 years they are covered by the 2 year warranty as long as you have the proof of purchase.
Ebay sales are not covered.
The pots are sealed but could be cleaned.

papalima
29th December 2011, 02:09
The problem is getting worse. If they are holder than the warranty, can I be instructed on how to clean
sthe pots. It is really annoying to not be able to have steady action on the throttles.

I'll check my records.

OOOPs, I just spotted some post that my be helpful.

tks for responding.

Tab

UK Support 4
29th December 2011, 09:55
Hi,
the quadrant pots can not be cleaned,
if it is just a slight jitter adjust the null zone in the game, some times the jitter can be the PC's USB ports or something around the PC kicking out RF interference. some hub's make the axis jitter, plug them directly in to the Pc USB ports.