PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted Trim adjustment.(Phantom keypress?)

Holclo
12th November 2011, 22:51
I bought a Saitek Pro Yoke several months ago. I installed it via windows 7 automatic installer but I did not attach the throttle quadrant as I was using my own homemade throttle. Yesterday I decided to streamline my set up so I removed my throttle and attached the Saitek throttle to the Proflight Yoke, Now the Trim setting goes all the way to the bottom setting and the plane climbs and stalls - everything from default aircraft to payware aircraft are displaying the same fault. As soon as I remove the throttle connection the trim behaves normally. I have searched for any phantom settings but can find none. I have rebuilt my fs9.cfg but the problem persists. It is as if the Trim Up button is being held. Am I a victim of the dreaded Phantom Keypress. Any ideas anyone?

UK Support 4
14th November 2011, 10:32
Hi,
the phantom button presses problem was solved years ago.
When you say "via windows 7 automatic installer" this means to me you have used the windows generic drivers and not the Saitek drivers.
you need to download the drivers and ST and run them.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

you may have to also disable the generic driver in device manager as Win 7 will grab it and install the generic one again.
always use the latest software provided by the manufacturer with your devices.
always run the driver first before you plug the USB in.
it can make a mess of the driver installations.

Holclo
14th November 2011, 12:19
Thank you for your reply. I have been running the yoke successfully for 2 months in my cockpit (without the throttle quadrant attached). I attached the throttle quadrant a couple of days ago and had a couple of short flights and now I cannot get either piece to work satisfactorily. I assign and calibrate via FSUIPC - is that incorrect?
Bill

UK Support 4
14th November 2011, 14:23
Hi, you did not answer my question, are you using the saitek drivers or just the windows generic drivers.

Holclo
14th November 2011, 15:40
Sorry - just windows generic drivers.

UK Support 4
14th November 2011, 15:44
Hi,
you need to run our drivers or we can not support you.
if you don't run our drivers you will not have the full functionality of the yoke.