PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Keyboard

wfelter
15th September 2011, 15:58
While playing Unreal Tournament 2K4 I used to hit the Windows logo key to get back to my desktop. All of a sudden it stopped working, had to use Alt/Tab to go to the desktop. After a few days I lost the complete function of the key board. No error messages. It just stopped working. In Hardware manager the keyboard was yellow flagged. I tried several times to have Windows 7 update it to no avail. I went to Saitek and downloaded the software for it and did a reinstall. That didn't help either. I now had to use the ON Screen key board.(What a pain,especially when I couldn't use it in the game!) After a few days and many reboots it started working again but still no Windows Logo Key. Under Keyboards in Device manager there is two entries....HID Keyboard Device and Saitek Cyborg Keyboard(HID). Nothing about Eclipse Gamer Keyboard. I have the Saitek Cyborg Keyboard Editor running for the keyboard and Cyborg V.1 running for my joystick. I've been searching for this problem but can't find anything on it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks............Bill

UK Support 4
19th September 2011, 14:41
Hi,
unusual, have you tried plugging it in to another USB port?
or another pc to check if the keyboard works just to eliminate the keyboard.
how old is it?

wfelter
19th September 2011, 22:48
Thanks for the reply! I did try other USB ports with the same results. I do have an old laptop I'll have to dig out and fire it up. I'll try it on that and see what happens. The keyboard will be 2 years old by the end of the year.

UK Support 4
21st September 2011, 09:40
Hi,
What model keyboard is it?

if it does not work testing it on the laptop, and you still have the proof of when you bought it, we can exchange it for you(two year warranty), however this will depend on what is in stock as it it is an older product.
you will have to contact our tech support on this, they will talk you through the return procedure.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/info2/contact.php

UK
Technical Support - UK
Tech Phone: +44 (0) 1633 883 110
UK only: 08450 508418
E-Mail: uksupport@madcatz.com

wfelter
21st September 2011, 18:12
Well, as far as an exchange, I guess I'm out of luck. I just found the receipt and it's dated 04/18/09. Guess I lost track of time. I can live without the Win logo key. Just have to use the Alt/Tab keys to get out of my game when I want to get to the desktop. That's about all I used it for anyway. Thanks for your time. :)

Bill

UK Support 4
22nd September 2011, 09:54
Hi, oh so sorry, that's no problem, contact me again if you need any thing.
take care.
Mike.

UK Support 4
22nd September 2011, 10:06
Hi again,
have you tested the keyboard using a keyboard tester you can download one from the internet just to check out the key functions, see if the keys are working, if they are it is poss the software that is at fault.
I have use this free download before, most excellent

http://www.passmark.com/products/keytest.htm

wfelter
22nd September 2011, 17:42
I DL'd and installed KeyboardTest and ran the test. I tried all the Keyboard types and the "Match key code"- Windows/BIOS but the "Windows Logo key" never worked. I can see one key malfunctioning but both?:confused:
Bill

UK Support 4
26th September 2011, 09:52
Hi, that is very strange (both windows logo keys)
can you try another keyboard see if the test software pick the keys up.
It should show hex data on the test pane.