PDA

View Full Version : BF42 vs. X52... a rudder twist issue

Matt Rock 607
3rd January 2007, 21:01
I've seen the fixes for the throttle issue, but I've never had an issue with the throttle. My problem is that the game doesn't seem to recognize my joystick's rudder twist. Everything else works absolutely fine... the throttle is great, all of the buttons are spot on, but for whatever reason when I try to set my rudder controls to the twisting axis, the game doesn't recognize it. Based on what I've read from everyone else, I seem to be the only person whose having this conflict, unless I missed a thread somehow. I just got the X52 today and I'd love to have this issue fixed... unlike most other BF42 players who prefer the mouse, I love using my joystick because it adds a certain cool factor you can't get with the other controls :) Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Drayu
3rd January 2007, 21:51
http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=7194

Matt Rock 607
3rd January 2007, 22:15
I went through those steps and everything seems to be working fine... except now it won't recognize the buttons on the X52. I tried your profile and then I tried making my own, and it didn't work in with attempt. Is there some key thing I'm missing? I don't know why the buttons aren't recognizing the game and it's driving me nuts at this point.

PS.- I think I've played with you before but I'm not sure... I'm Matt Rock in BF42, although I used to go by Simon Phoenix... just thought it was worth mentioning that your name seems familiar.

Drayu
3rd January 2007, 22:45
I have been playing the Battlefield series since day one, so you may have seen me out there :)

As for the profile, have you enabled it in the taskbar?